MARCH MADNESS SURVIVAL GUIDE
There’s a huge weekend of college basketball coming up, which means you’ll be able to watch games from sun up to sun down.
It’s a marathon – and not a sprint – so get ready.
1. Make sure your entertainment system is in working order.
2. Get the March Madness on Demand app on your smart phone.
3. Get a coffee table in place that’s large enough to hold a laptop, a large pizza, a nacho platter, and buffalo wings
4. A cooler of beer on ice next to your chair will save you countless trips to the fridge.
5. Oh yeah… and make sure the wife or girlfriend knows that your time is off-limits to her until Monday. Good luck with that. (NBC Sports)
Will you really be able to watch game after game after game without being interrupted?
THE FIVE BEST THINGS ABOUT MARCH MADNESS
Here’s a rundown of the five biggest reasons the NCAA men’s basketball playoffs are so entertaining:
1. Big Stage Nerves – It’s important to remember, these guys aren’t pros. They’re just college kids.
2. Pure Emotion – Most players in this tournament know they aren’t ever going pro. This is as big as it gets for them and they leave it all out on the floor.
3. Cheerleaders – Is it any wonder why nearly every commercial cutaway includes a shot of one of the team’s cheerleaders? Networks want you to stay tuned – and know how to make that happen.
4. The Ridiculous Nicknames/Mascots – What’s a Tarheel? Or a Sooner? Or a Hoosier? It really doesn’t matter, does it?
5. Office Pools – The games are nearly impossible to handicap, so practically anyone can pick the winners. And when you’ve got money on the line, every game becomes exciting. (TheSmokingJacket.com)